Truth to be told, I love spending time at-home with myself. I enjoy my me time a lot, and I truly cherish those moments where I just get to do whatever I want.
Especially when I dedicate time to discover more about myself and my feelings. Things that I can’t do when I have people around me.
Some of my favorite winter activities are: relaxing and peaceful evenings, a cup of tea, a good romance book or a romantic k-drama, journaling, eating something sweet, among other cozy things to do at-home.
*SOME OF THE LINKS IN THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS AND I WILL RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE AFTER CLICKING ON MY LINK*
If it’s raining outside (or too cold), I would rather stay at home. Even more so when it’s cloudy. My mood depends on the sun. If it’s hiding, I’ll feel mopey; and it’s sunny, I’ll feel more productive and happy.
With time I have come up with different options of winter activities and cozy things to do at-home.
So if you are like me, then this list will give you some ideas to enjoy the most your time at home.
Vitamins And Supplemnets To Beat Winter Blues
Even though staying in bed and watching movies or starting a new show sounds like a great thing to do when the temperatures are low, I will also provide some ideas that are not your typical list of things to do on a rainy day.
Since I started my spirituality journey, I also like to give some extra tips to improve our mental health and feeling great.
While relaxing is important for our overall health and to avoid burnout, it’s so easy to hop into the seasonal depression wagon, that we also need to work on that side of our health.
Like mentioned in the begging, when the days are dark outside, it’s very easy to feel down. So getting the right supplements and vitamins can be very helpful.
These are some of my recommendations:
Also known as the sunshine vitamin, can really help to beat seasonal affective disorder. Which happens when you have low levels of this vitamin.
A couple of months ago, my nutritionist recommended me this Vitamin D in particular. Not because of the brand, but because of the amount of Vitamin D and K.
Another supplement my nutritionist recommended me. She swears by the benefits of taking Omega-3 and I trust her, so I’m sharing this information with you as well.
While I’m not an expert and I can’t explain in depth the benefits. It’s known that fish oil helps to prevent and decrease symptoms of depression.
There’s even studies (like this one) that shows that countries with higher consumption rates of fresh fish have significantly lower depression rates.
My nutritionist recommended me the Nordic Naturals, Ultimate Omega 2X. The 2X in this products means that it has double the dose that other ones.
I have been taking that one in particular for two months now and I love it. It’s quite expensive, but the benefits are great. You can also start with a lower dose if you want to get used to the fish oil.
You can read this article for more natural supplements recommendations to beat fall and winter blues.
Cozy Things To Do At-Home When You Don’t Feel Like Going Out
Feeling cozy and warm is the key to an enjoyable time at home by yourself or with your significant other.
This list with cozy things to do at-home will give you some ideas to spend your day indoors the best way.
It’s a great moment to rest and focus on your mental health as well.
- Make a blanket fort. When you have it ready, you can watch a movie with some snack, take a nap, relax, or anything you would like to do.
- Bake a cake and have a tea party. You can even invite friends for this one, and ask everyone to bring something to share.
- Do your nails. I have a post with 25+ easy Christmas nail art designs to try yourself if you need some inspiration.
- Read a self-help or spirituality book, and take notes! I have a list with 7 must-read manifestation books for beginners, if you are interest in that
- Turn your lights off and light candles to get a cozy vibe.
- Schedule quiet time to connect with yourself and the universe, God, or any other deity you believe in. This article here will give your some tips on how to do it. You can read this one too if you want to learn more.
- Have a movie marathon. You can also use this time to watch interesting documentaries that can help you raise your vibration. Gaia has many option for that topic in particular.
- Cook a warm and comforting dinner. A home-made meal can sounds exhausting, but there’s nothing like eating at home. You can use your time to meal prep nutritious foods for your week as well. Or you can simply make your favorite comfort food. Like a pizza!
- Find a warm place at home and read a fiction book. Sometimes it’s nice to get out of our reality and enjoy a fantasy world. Can’t forget a cup of tea for this one! I have many romance book recommendations here.
- DIY projects. You can spend your time doing some work around your home. Maybe you need to fix things or you can to create new decor for your space.
- Get a coloring book. In all honestly, I always forget I have one and it’s such a therapeutic activity! You can do this in silence, listen to a playlist with chill music, listen to a podcast. Here’s a super cute one.
- Start a journal. If you haven’t started, the this is your sign to get a cute notebook and start journaling. If you are reading this at the end of the year, then these 10 journal prompts for end of the year reflections can be a great start.
- Slow down. If the weather is preventing you from doing things that you had planned, you can take it a sign to slow down. Life is not a rush.
- Make fancy lattes. While making cocktails can also be a fun winter activity, if you don’t drink, creating different tea or coffee can be fun as well. Be your own barista!
- Take a bubble bath. Perfect activity for a relaxing day.
- Dance around your living room. This is a great activity to do when the weather is gloomy. It will raise your vibration and your mood. I love to pretend I’m in my own concert.
- Play board games with your best friend or significant other. Add some wine and a cheese board to make it more fun!
- Have a video game tournament. Invite friends over and enjoy your day laughing, playing, and eating your favorite snacks.