Happy Hump Day, everyone! Today I’m sharing 21 quarter-life crisis quotes for those moments when you are feeling down (especially at night when your brain prefers to keep you thinking rather than to sleep). We know that a quarter-life crisis is a complicated process many of us go through, and even though all kind of crisis sucks, this is one is for the better! You are having one because you aren’t happy with the life you are leading and confused about the things that are happening in your life. That means it’s time for a change!
But guess what! I read somewhere (I wish I could remember the source) that is better to go through a crisis in the early stages of your life rather than later. Which make sense, since I have seen 50 somethings not dealing well with the middle age crisis. In some cases, they take crazy decisions that end up affecting their whole families.
While you have gone through that years ago, you are most likely to keep transition over the different stages of life without suffering from a big crisis. For me that’s good news, I can’t imagine going through this all over again. If you want to keep reading about the quarter-life crisis, make sure to read my post about my experience with it and how I overcome it.
I hope these quarter-life quotes make you feel better about your situation. I know how hard it is and I know how it feels. Many don’t understand the struggle and that can be even more upsetting. Our twenties are the years where we are learning so many new things and having to deal with a life crisis doesn’t make the transition to be an adult easier.
Also, if you want to talk about this, don’t hesitate to contact me! I love chatting with my readers! You can do it through my contact form or my social media.
[title align=”center” type=”line”]Quarter-Life Crisis Quotes[/title]
1. “It’s only after you’ve stepped outside your comfort zone that you begin to change, grow, and transform.” — Roy T. Bennett
2. “The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we stand as in what direction we are moving.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
3. “If you were happy every day of your life, you wouldn’t be a human being. You’d be a game show host.” — Veronica Sawyer
4. “You can’t write a script in your mind and then force yourself to follow it. You have to let yourself be.” — Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Half of a Yellow Sun
5. “Sometimes you have to live in precarious and temporary places. Unsuitable places. Wrong places. Sometimes the safe place won’t help you.” — Jeanette Winterson“The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we stand as in what direction we are moving.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe Click To Tweet
6. “You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off of you.” — Maya Angelou
7. “You aren’t sure if you’re making the right decision about anything, ever.” — Joan Didion
8. “Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.”
― Marie Curie
9. “If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.” — Nora Roberts
10. “Stop comparing yourself to others. Always strive to improve yourself to become better today than you were yesterday to serve those around you and the world.” — Roy T. Bennett“Stop comparing yourself to others. Always strive to improve yourself to become better today than you were yesterday to serve those around you and the world.” — Roy T. Bennett Click To Tweet
11. “Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.” ― Roy T. Bennett,
12. “We can spend our lives letting the world tell us who we are. Sane or insane. Saints or sex addicts. Heroes or victims. Letting history tell us how good or bad we are. Letting our past decide our future. Or we can decide for ourselves. And maybe it’s our job to invent something better.” — Chuck Palahniuk
13. “The Bhagavad Gita –that ancient Indian Yogic text– says that it is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else’s life with perfection.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert,
14. “If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living.” — Gail Sheehy
15. “20-somethings have the tendency to imagine that their 20s are the last chance they’re going to have to experiment, explore, and party. This is a false premise. Restaurants and cafes continue to let people over 29 through their doors. They even serve them alcohol.” — Holden Desalles“The Bhagavad Gita –that ancient Indian Yogic text– says that it is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else's life with perfection.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert Click To Tweet
16. “A lot of people are afraid to say what they want. That’s why they don’t get what they want.” — Madonna
17. “Live the Life of Your Dreams: Be brave enough to live the life of your dreams according to your vision and purpose instead of the expectations and opinions of others.” ― Roy T. Bennett
18. “I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” ― Douglas Adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul
19. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” ― Steve Jobs
20. “You don’t have to get a job that makes others feel comfortable about what they perceive as your success.” — Cheryl Strayed
21. “Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.” — J.K. Rowling“Live the Life of Your Dreams: Be brave enough to live the life of your dreams according to your vision and purpose instead of the expectations and opinions of others.” ― Roy T. Bennett Click To Tweet
[title align=”center” type=”line”]Freebie[/title]
When you are going through a quarter-life crisis, it’s hard to come up with goals when you aren’t sure which path you are supposed to go. I know, I have been there. That’s why I created this free printable to help a little to discover the things you want in your life.
Let me explain to you how this goals list works!
- The space for GOALS is designed for you to write those things you want to achieve in the short term. I want you to focus on the things that are on your plate at the moment. Don’t think about the future in this part, concentrate on the present.
- HOBBIES TO TRY is all about trying new things. Since you don’t know exactly what’s the best for you, it’s important you try new activities. In my case was blogging, and it was the best thing I have ever done. You can try a new sport, maybe cooking classes, or start writing a book!
- PRIORITIES are for those things you can’t stop doing. Getting good grades at school, focusing on your mental health or keep looking for jobs in you want to find a new one.
- And finally, we have a line for your FAVORITE QUOTE or a mantra you love.
You can start a new list every week or month! That’s up to you.
What do you think? Which are your favorite quarter-life crisis quotes? Are you currently going through a quarter-life crisis? Let me know in the comments!