Hey there, lovelies! Here I am again with another social media related post. Today I want to share some Instagram Stories hacks, tricks and tips.
Especially because this time, these tricks are for using only the Instagram app. So you don’t need to download any other app.
We know how annoying that can be. Especially when you need like ten, because each of them have different uses.
I’m a minimalist. The less apps the better. Don’t you agree?
[title align=”center” type=”line”]Instagram Stories Hacks[/title]
1. Gradient Text Effect
Also known as ombré or rainbow effect.
This one here is a little tricky to get at first since you have to do two things at the same time; but once you get the handle of it, you won’t stop adding this rainbow text effect.
To get the gradient text effect follow these steps:
1. Add or take the photo you want to use and add a text.
2. Select all the text.
3. Hold your finger on one color and a palette full of colors will appear. You can move your finger through the palette to pick where to start the gradient effect.
4. Touch the left blue dot and then (at the same time) start deselecting the text while you move your other finger through the palette. You can do this from right to left or left to right.
2. Find Cool Filters For Your Instagram Stories
Now maybe you wonder how everyone has those funny filters that tell you which animal are or those vintage looking filters that make your stories more aesthetically pleasant.
You have two options. The first and easiest way to do it by “stealing” those effects from other users. When you are watching a story with a filter you like, go where that the username displays.
Under it, the name of the effect will show (look at the image below). Click there and a few options will appear. You can try the effect to see if you are going to like or you can immediately save it.
Also, if you click MORE, more options will show (Duh!). That way you can actually see what other filters the original creator has made.
The second option (and not that friendly-user) is by going to the “BROWSE EFFECTS” option. You can find that at the section where all the other effects are displayed. Just scroll to your right and at the end you will find that option.
3. Add Shadow To A Photo
This one is actually fun and easy.
Select any photo you want, and add a emoji. I recommend to use any heart emoji since those look better and you have different colors to choose.
After selecting the emoji, use your finger to enlarge it (just like you can see in the image below). Once you have the effect you want, you are ready to send it to your story.
If that doesn’t work for you and the story doesn’t show, then take a screenshot of it and upload it again.
4. Create A Collage
There are many apps that can let you create collages, but sometimes we just want something simple with just some pictures of a friend when it’s their birthday.
If you don’t want to download the extra app for something you are going to use just one time, then follow these steps to make super cute collages!
1. First of all, pick a background. You can use a solid color (in that case go to Instagram stories hack #5), or a picture. If you want to use a cute background, you can find many options on Pinterest. Just search “Instagram stories backgrounds”.
Once you do that go to the Instagram app and select the photo you want to use as a background.
2. Then, go to your Photos app and copy one of the many photos you want to add. You can do this by clicking the Share icon in the bottom left corner. You’ll see an option that says “Copy”.
3. Go back to Instagram Stories and click on the “Add Sticker” option that should appear in the bottom left.
You’ll see a tiny version of your photo with the label “add sticker” underneath. Tap on the photo/sticker to plop it into your Instagram Story.
4. Adjust and move around the photo.
5. Repeat the process until you get the collage you want.
Once you get the whole process, you can get more creative with them!
5. Paint The Background In One Click
This will save you a ton of time, especially if you used to paint the whole screen manually.
Sometimes we don’t want to share a picture and we just want to write something and rant. That’s why a solid-color background is the best option.
METHOD #1: SOLID COLOR
Take a picture of anything (it doesn’t matter because we will cover it). Then select the brushes option at the top of the screen. A few different brushes will appear, so select the first one.
Next, select the color you want to use and tap and hold on the screen for 1-3 seconds until the screen is filled with a solid color.
Ta-da! You are ready to do whatever you want. You can play around with it in different ways. Some people “hide” a good photo before adding the solid-color background and then erase part of it. As you can see in the image below.
METHOD #2: TRANSLUCENT BACKGROUND
The process is basically the same as method #1, but instead of using the first brush, you use the second (as you can see in the image below).
Since this is a translucent background, the photo that you will use as a base will show.
Again, select any color you want to use (you can use the select-the-color tool and choose a color that perfectly matches your Instagram story background) and hold on the screen for 1-3 seconds until the screen is filled.
Super easy and cute!
Note: you can use that trick to erase whatever you have painted.
6. Use Different Typography
Besides the ones Instagram already offer, there are other options of typography you can use for your Instagram stories. They are not exactly better, just different.
So basically what you do is, write the text you want then all the different fonts with your text will appear.
Copy the one you like the most and past it in your Instagram story.
7. Create Rectangles or Color Blocks
This is super useful for when you just want to add a simple colored box to your story. Or maybe you don’t like the combination of colors of the background of the text and the text.
So once you write a random text, tap the A icon with stars at the top-left corner and choose a background color (the color you want the rectangle to be).
The color should be picked from the options the app already gives you. That means you can’t customize the box with the colors of the photo.
Next, select the whole text and click on the same color you chose as a background.
If that doesn’t work, then hold on the color you picked. That will open the color palette, when that happens let go your finger and tap again on the color you chose. That should work.
That’s all! now you can create more color blocks and add text on them.
8. Add A Background To Shared Content
This is for those photos (or memes) from another account that you want to share with your followers. It can also be used for when you share a song or playlist from Spotify.
From all these Instagram Stories hacks, this has to be the most annoying one. It’s just not easy to get it right in one try.
To make it easier for you, follow these steps:
1. Choose a post you want to share.
2. Go to your Photos app and change the size of the photo you want to use as a background. The size for Instagram stories is 9:16.
3. Then you need to duplicate that photo.
4. Crop the first photo in a little bit longer than half. Then do the same with the photo you duplicated, cropping the other part that now is missing from the first one.
To crop it and not lose the change of size, you need to click on the option “FREEFORM”
5. Copy the first photo then go back to instagram and add it. Basically the same thing we did in the Instagram story hack #4.
6. Move the photo you want to share a little so you can accommodate better the first part of the background. Once you are happy with the position the tap again on the photo you want to share and move it. That way it will be on the background.
This part can turn up messy because if you touch the background photo, the photo you want to share will go behind this one. So do it carefully.
7. Go back to the Photos app and copy the other part and past it on your story. Enlarge and move it around as necessary. It should look like we never cropped it.
And that’s it! It can be difficult at first, but once you get the handle of it, it gets easier.
9. Hide Music Sticker/Hashtags
Sometimes hashtags can ruin the whole aesthetic of the Instagram story you want to post. The same happen with the music sticker.
It’s actually super easy to hide those two things. The main (and easiest) way to do it is by making them smaller. So small they actually disappear.
Type out your hashtags (you can include up to 10 in your stories), and then pinch them to make them smaller. Do the same thing when you add the music sticker.
So what do you think? Did you already know these Instagram stories hacks? Also if you have another hack, let me know in the comments. I would love to know!