Do you know what was the best part of this post? Eating all these heart-shaped treats for Valentine’s Day! My whole family enjoyed them! And well, of course, I can’t ignore the fact that I had so much fun making them. Not only that, they were very easy to make. That’s always a must. You know how I love easy recipes and crafts.
Besides all that, do you have plans for Valentine’s Days? I don’t, but I still think I will make these again. I mean why not? Eating heart shaped food is fun!
For more recipes, click here.
*SOME OF THE LINKS IN THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS AND I WILL RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE AFTER CLICKING ON MY LINK*
[title align=”center” type=”line”]Pinwheel Kabobs [/title]
What you will need
- Strawberries (will depend on how many kabobs you will make and how long the skewers are.)
- Flour Tortillas (you can use crepes, flatbread, etc.)
- Dulce de Leche (that’s my favorite; but you can also use Nutella, peanut butter and jelly, etc.)
1. Place a tortilla on your work surface and spread it thinly with dulce de leche.
2. Carefully, roll the tortilla up.
3. Cut the edges of the tortilla. You can eat those pieces! I won’t use them for the kabob. Then, using a very sharp knife, cut the roll-up in as many pieces you want.
4. Thread the pinwheels and strawberries onto one wooden skewer, alternating the pinwheels with fruit.
How to make the heart-shaped strawberries
1. Pick a medium-sized strawberry.
2. Cut with a knife the top of the strawberry, like a triangle.
3. That should be enough to make the strawberry look like a heart.
4. If you want more definition, then cut the sides of the strawberry.
It’s super easy and you don’t need to get any special cutter for that.
[title align=”center” type=”line”]Mini Pizzas[/title]
What you will need
- Pizza Dough
- Mozzarella Cheese
- 4″ Heart Cookie Cutter (for the mini pizzas)
- 1″ Heart Cookie Cutter (for the pepperoni)
1. Sprinkle your countertop or cutting board with a little flour. Place the room temperature pizza dough on top and use the 4″ heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the dough.
2. Place about 1 tablespoon of sauce in the middle of each crust. Use a spoon to spread it around the entire surface.
3. Add the mozzarella cheese.
4. Cute the pepperoni with the 1″ heart cookie cutter, then add it to the mini pizzas.
5. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the crust is crisp and the cheese is just beginning to brown. Allow it to cool for a minute and enjoy! Make sure to look the instruction of the pizza dough you get!
[title align=”center” type=”line”]Pancakes[/title]
What you will need
- Pancake Ring
- Heart Shaped Sprinkles
- Follow my favorite fluffy pancake recipe!
- Pancake Syrup
1. Once you have the batter ready, add the heart-shaped sprinkles, and mix.
2. Have ready the pan with the heart shaped pancake ring to add the pancake batter. If you don’t have a pancake ring, you can always improvise and use something you have at home already. Like the cover of a magazine! I have tried that before and it works. That part of the magazine is harder, but not so much so it’s easier to shape it as a heart.
How beautiful does it look? I love it! I think this is one of my favorite heart-shaped treats for Valentine’s Day. Super cute and delicious!
3. Make as many as you want, and decorate! For decoration; I made more heart-shaped strawberries, I added some bananas, sprinkles and of course some pancake syrup!
So what do you think? Which ones are your favorite heart-shaped treats for Valentine’s Day? Let me know in the comments! If you ask me, my favorite was the kabobs with the strawberries. They were so good!
If you want to see more Valentine’s Day content, click here.