Hi there, lovelies! Today I want to share with you 4 easy and healthy snack ideas for work. We know how easy is to get chips and cookies as snacks for work, but we need some balance.We know how easy is to get chips and cookies as snacks for work, but we need some balance. Click To Tweet
Also, how are you feeling with everything that is going on around the world? I know that we are currently going through hard times, but I wanted to share these snack ideas as a way to distract yourself (and myself).
I have been focusing so much on social media that I need break from all the news. My head is still spinning.
Every day there’s something different and I need to stop thinking about it.
I was doubting about posting this since our priorities are definitely somewhere else, but I also thinking that we also need some normality in our lives.
*SOME OF THE LINKS IN THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS AND I WILL RECEIVE A SMALL COMMISSION IF YOU MAKE A PURCHASE AFTER CLICKING ON MY LINK*
[title align=”center” type=”line”]Easy And Healthy Snack Ideas For Work[/title]
1. Mini Arepas
Arepas are one of my favorite healthy snacks for work. You just need literally two ingredients and a pan or an electric panini grill (or something similar) to make them.
Depending on how many mini arepas you want, is the amount of flour you will use. For around 10 mini arepas, I used 1 cup of flour. The water will depend of the texture and it’s something you need to check.
Also, I don’t use salt for my arepas since the topping I add are also sweet, but you can definitely add salt if you want some flavor to them if you want them just like that.
- (1 cup) Precooked cornmeal (arepa flour). This is the one I use at home. You can also find it at the Latin food aisle in grocery stores.
- (1 1/3 cup) Water
- Combine the arepa flour and water in a bowl. Make a well in the center and add warm water (if you use cold water if you are in a hurry is okay as well). Using a fork, gradually mix the ingredients together, making sure no dry lumps remain.
- Knead dough a few times in the bowl; then grab a little piece and make a small ball, then gently flatten to about ½ thick.
- If you have the electric panini grill, add the arepas and cook for 6 to 8 minutes. The flip and cook again for around 5 minutes. You don’t need to close the grill. Just leave it open.
If you use a frying pan, heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a over medium heat. It takes the same amount of minutes to cook. Also, arepas tend to stick so be careful.
Arepas are usually eaten as bread in countries like Colombia and Venezuela, so they usually make big ones then cut them in half and add stuff with different fillings.
In this case I will be adding topping so it’s easier. You can add cheese, turkey ham, jam, etc.
2. Cucumber Sandwiches
Cucumber is the definition of healthy, and these sandwiches are perfect if you also are looking to lose weight. They are super yummy and you can prepare them in just a few minutes.
- 1 Cucumber. I recommend using a big cucumber that way the slices of cucumber are bigger.
- Cheese of choice
- Turkey ham
- Cut the cucumber in slices, thick enough so the sandwich won’t crumble.
- Add small slices of cheese and ham.
You can use a a skewer to keep the cucumber sandwich together.
3. Apple + Peanut Butter Sandwiches
What a classic right? They are delicious and easy to make. Also, super healthy!
Start by cutting slices of the apple (make sure not to cut them too thin). By doing that, you will realize you don’t have to get rid of the middle. Only the few seeds the apple has.
Once you have the slices, you can spread the peanut butter (or almond butter if you prefer). Then use another slice to cover it.
4. Sweet Rice Cakes
What I love about rice cakes? You can keep them ay work and just change topping whenever you want.
They are so boring to eat by themselves, that sometimes it feels like I’m eating expanded polystyrene, but by adding toppings I can make it so much fun a delicious.
Also, on Pinterest you find other options.
This time I’ll be using greek yogurt and granola. It might sound weird but I assure you is super yummy!
So what do you think? Do you have other easy and healthy snack ideas for work you want to share? Let me know in the comments!