Hello, lovelies! Welcome to Blogmas day 19! Today I’ll be sharing 21 quotes that will wake up your Christmas spirit. So if you aren’t feeling the holidays, this quotes will definitely help you to feel more festive. We know that sometimes is hard to keep up with the celebrations when you are dealing with the stress of work or school.
But Christmas is around the corner. Exactly 5 more days until Christmas Eve! Time is definitely flying. Do you have everything ready for the day? I certainly don’t! I was thinking about giving my family a very special gift, but I don’t like the ideas I have thought so far and we still have to go grocery shopping for our Christmas Eve dinner.
Also, I missed Blogmas day 16, 17, and 18. Which is made me so sad! But I’m currently going through difficult and stressful times and I didn’t have the energy or time to write the post I had planned. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this post!
[title align=”center” type=”line”]Quotes That Will Wake Up Your Christmas Spirit[/title]
1. “One can never have enough socks,” said Dumbledore. “Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn’t get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.” ― J.K. Rowling,
2. “Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas…perhaps…means a little bit more!” ― Dr. Seuss,
3. “I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.” ― Charles Dickens
4. “Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.” ― Laura Ingalls Wilder
5. “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?” ― Bob Hope“My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?” ― Bob Hope Click To Tweet
6. “Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind. ” ― Mary Ellen Chase
7. “Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone.” ― Charles M. Schulz
8. “Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful. ” ― Norman Vincent Peale
9. “He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.” ― Roy L. Smith
10. “And when we give each other Christmas gifts in His name, let us remember that He has given us the sun and the moon and the stars, and the earth with its forests and mountains and oceans -and all that lives and move upon them. He has given us all green things and everything that blossoms and bears fruit and all that we quarrel about and all that we have misused-and to save us from our foolishness, from all our sins, He came down to earth and gave us Himself.” ― Sigrid Undset“He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.” ― Roy L. Smith Click To Tweet
11. “Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.” ― Calvin Coolidge
12. “A lovely thing about Christmas is that it’s compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together.” ― Garrison Keillor,
13. “Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we’re here for something else besides ourselves.” ― Eric Sevareid
14. “Christmas is the season for kindling the fire of hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart. ” ― Washington Irving
15. “Peace on earth will come to stay when we live Christmas every day.” ― Helen Steiner Rice“God is here. This truth should fill our lives, and every Christmas should be for us a new and special meeting with God, when we allow his light and grace to enter deep into our soul.” Click To Tweet
16. “I truly believe that if we keep telling the Christmas story, singing the Christmas songs, and living the Christmas spirit, we can bring joy and happiness and peace to this world.” ― Norman Vincent Peale
17. “As long as we know in our hearts what Christmas ought to be, Christmas is.” ― Eric Sevareid
18. “Jesus soon is coming, and Christmas too, Good reason for being happy, Helping people to do.” ― Válgame,
19. “At Christmas, a man is at his finest towards the finish of the year; He is almost what he should be when the Christmas season’s here. Then, he’s thinking more of others than he’s thought the months before, and the laughter of his children is a joy worth toiling for. He is less a selfish creature than at any other time; When the Christmas spirit rules him he comes close to the sublime.” ― Edgar A. Guest
20. “I know what I really want for Christmas. I want my childhood back. Nobody is going to give me that. I might give at least the memory of it to myself if I try. I know it doesn’t make sense, but since when is Christmas about sense, anyway? It is about a child, of long ago and far away, and it is about the child of now. In you and me. Waiting behind the door of or hearts for something wonderful to happen. A child who is impractical, unrealistic, simpleminded and terribly vulnerable to joy.” ― Robert Fulghum,
21. “God is here. This truth should fill our lives, and every Christmas should be for us a new and special meeting with God, when we allow his light and grace to enter deep into our soul.” ― Josemaría Escrivá,
Tell me! What’s your favorite Christmas quote? Is your favorite not on this list? Let me know in the comments!